When does postpartum bleeding stop? Does it differ with each kid? adult content

I heard women say that they bled less with each kid they had, this is my second child, vaginal delivery, no stitches or wounds. its been 15 days, i think i'm almost done. the blood's been brown a few days and very light. i just wanna think twice before i remove my pad. i dont want any surprise gushes :P

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i found that with my second baby my bleeding lasted longer. it aso took longer for me to start my period again, took three months and i only breastfed the first six weeks.
    jamiethornton26

Answer by jamiethornton26 at 6:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• With my 1st it took the whole 6 weeks plus a few extra days. M y2nd one stopped after 2 weeks. My 3rd one stopped after 3 weeks and my last one stopped after 4 weeks. I do think each one will be different since nothing can ever be the same.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was about 2 weeks with my first two (vaginal, no complications), and about 10 days with my youngest (C-section).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It is different with each one. With my first I had it for a week. then with my second it was much heavier and then lighten up but last for a week and half.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i bleed for 2 weeks with my first, but my bestfriend bleed/spotted for 4 mos strait( god bless her) i guess their is always somebody who has it worse.
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 10:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am pretty sure it is different with every pregnancy and with every person. I would wait until you are down to just spotting before you stopo using pads. Brown blood is old blood so it may be that you are near the end but I would not push it. I hope that it gets better for you soon. And congrats!!!!!!
    Mrs.Apple

Answer by Mrs.Apple at 11:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have 1 child and he was a c section and i bled for 3 weeks. Most people i have talked to, second kid or not, bleed until closer to the 6 week mark.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You can bleed all the way up to 6 weeks post-partum. It varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yea, it's different with everyone. I bled for 3 weeks with one and 5 weeks with the other 2.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I bled for 3 weeks with my first, 6 weeks with my second but I had complications and I hope it is less with this one!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010