can't do 5am

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and exhausted. My 2 year old keeps waking up earlier and earlier, this morning before 5am. Later bedtime doesn't work, she wakes up just as early but is grumpy all day long. I can't wake up this early anymore, I end up too tired to play with her, nauseous all day long, and snapping at her for the littlest things. I laid her in my bed at 440 this morning when she woke me up and she started pulling my hair and poking at me and I had to leave the room sobbing. I can't handle waking up this early anymore. When the new baby comes it's only going to get worse, I need my sleep now. What can I do? She's too big to be contained in a crib.

soflashelley

Asked by soflashelley at 6:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, does she take a nap? Maybe you can cut that so she is more tired at night. If later bedtimes don't work, I'm out of answers but it will get better. Good luck and Congrats on the new baby!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm sorry!! My 22 month old likes to get up really early too sometimes. Sometimes I put him in my room or his with a gate up. I always make sure there is NOTHING that can hurt him....including lamps, blinds, outlets just anything. It needs to be totally baby proof. And do not close the door so you can hear your little one. I give him lots of stuff to play with and sometimes a little snack. Sometimes he will play really well for about an 1 1/2 hours. Maybe this will help you too! Good luck and hugs!!

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 7:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Could she watch a video or children's tv for awhile plus have a snack? I had very bad nausea when pregnant with my second baby and had to lay down a lot. I had my oldest watch Sesame Street and I would lay on the couch. He was entranced by it and ocassionally I could doze off. I don't know if your daughter would be interested. Just one idea. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010