Any moms with factor 5?

So I have factor 5. My leg was hurting a lot yesterday, so I went to my doc. He did a venogram (sp), and found a small clot in my calf. He decided to "extract" it with a huge ass needle. It hurt, but not too bad. After I swelled, bruised, and I've had muscle spasms since (and this was done over 16 hours ago). He said this was all normal, but it hurts to even lay on my left side (the leg it was in). So did/do any moms/moms-to-be have factor 5, and did you/your doc discover any clots while pregnant, and what was done about them?

Tink0711

Asked by Tink0711 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have half of the Factor 5, and I have not had any blood clots. My mom has Factor 5 and was not aware of any clots while she was pregnant. I wouldn't mess around with it though because (not to scare you) they can make their way into your lungs. If something doesn't feel right, call the doctor or go to the ER.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 11:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I now have weekly check ups to see if I develop any new clots. I just didn't know if anyone else had experienced that kind of pain accociated with clots/extracting them. I did get a script for a muscle relaxer today, and I got some sleep. But I still hurt a bit.
    Tink0711

Comment by Tink0711 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010