I am going shopping in a while and want to get something different for supper.....any ideas? I'm so sick of the same old stuff.

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 7:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Chicken A La Queen is a name I made up. It's the middle to a chicken pot pie recipe that I serve over rice or egg noodles. We like it better that way.

4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can chicken broth

2 cups frozen veggies

rice or egg noodles.

Mix all together, except rice. Warm through and serve over rice or noodles.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My SO makes this awesome dinner. You get Velveta (sp) shells and cheese, some frozen broccoli, and boneless skinless chicken breast. Dice up the chicken first (spice it/marinade how you want). Make the shells like the box says, microwave the broccoli (we get the "steam in bag" kind). Then mix the shells, broccoli, and chicken together. It takes I think 30-35 mins to prepare, and it is very filling.
    Tink0711

Answer by Tink0711 at 7:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Paella, or gumbo!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My family has a fav. dish of chicken casserole. Moisten Pepperidge Farm Dressing and layer it with chicken and one layer of cream of chicken soup, then dressing and a layer of chicken and cream of mushroom soup then top with dressing. Very easy, but they like it.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• How about Chicken Enchiladas or Chicken A La Queen. I don't know what's the same old stuff for you. You could do a Mexican lasagna or Fried fish, tater tots and coleslaw. I made Seafood Chowder last night. PM me for any of the recipes.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• What is Chicken a la Queen?
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 7:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Dunno if this helps, but I had the same problem with getting the same things all the time, but have you tried alternating going to different grocery stores in your area? Oftentimes different stores carry different products and brands and adds some variety.

Also I've learned to get ideas off the pictures they show on the frozen dinner boxes. The meals they show are a great idea and I'll go buy those foods fresh and make em myself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Homemade Pizza Rolls
    You need: Eggroll wraps (found in produce section usually) and all ingredients you like on your pizza...including the sauce and cheese. Mix all the topping (cook the meats like sausage and bacon first) in a bowl with sauce and cheese, put some in middle of wrap and roll them up...deep fry till golden brown.
    niknik78

Answer by niknik78 at 8:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It'd help to know what "Same Old Stuff" you're refering to.

Quesadillas
    Tacos
    Taco Salad
    Tunsa/Chicken Casarole with Broccoli
    Cowboy Casarole - Meat (Can be ham, sausage, hamburger, chicken, or pork. Cubed potatoes. Cream of Mushroom soup. Mix together. Add Veggies. In the oven at 350 for 30 minutes)
    Birdsnest (Mashed potatoes topped with Hamburger [only seasoned with salt/pepper], topped with veggies [Usually Corn, Peas], topped with brown gravy)
    Speghetti with Sausage instead of hamburger
    Veggie/Rice Stirfry with Chicken and Kilbasa
    Jumbalya (I use Zatarans)
    Red Beans and Rice with Kilbasa
    Dirty Rice
    Shells and Cheese with Chicken and Veggies
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thank you ladies for your ideas! Thay all sound yummy!! :)
    Brandi300

Comment by Brandi300 (original poster) at 7:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010