What does GPE sentenced in Texas mean?

Momie09

Asked by Momie09 at 7:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• · GPE (Geo-political Entity) - GPE entities are geographical regions defined by political and/or social groups. A GPE entity subsumes and does not distinguish between a nation, its region, its government, or its people.

It would help if you gave a little context with your question.  Do you have a link or a story that made you question this?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There is also a government Pay Expertise system that is how court fees, and fines are to be paid to the government online.
    Your question is a bit nondescript and I'm not really sure what you are looking for
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well the story is, is that my mom had traffic tickets, so the police officer arrested her. I was there when it happend and well for some reason the officer lied that my mother was evading arrest... So now she has that charge as a misdemeanor. Now she is getting out in 2 days however she went to court yesterday and as the result it says GPE sentenced. I would just like to know what it is in more detail...I have looked it up online & well nothing really comes out. Thanks.
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• This is what I found from another answer forum on TX.:

GPE in Texas, and some other states, stands for Government Payment EXP, which is a private company's service to collect fines and fees online or by telephone by credit card. The EXP probably stands for experts, which they consider themselves.

So if you get a GPE sentence it is some kind of fine or court costs that you can pay through this system. They can also handle bail, traffic tickets, etc. It probably depends on the government that they have contracted with exactly what they can do.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thanks that helped:)
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Why does she avoid paying her tickets?Andwhy is she even getting tickets? Wow----what a bad example she sets for you.
    Good luck with Mom. @@
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• GPE means "Guilty Plea Entered". This means your Mom plead "guilty" regardless of what she may say she entered a guilty plea and was sentenced by the court.
    alclarke

Answer by alclarke at 5:05 PM on Sep. 15, 2010