So Long Summer---What can we do to carry a little of our summer into the wintertime with us this yr??

Anything that you do to bring back summer days to you during to cold winds of winter? I like to can and fresh fruits and veggies to pull out for a tasty winter meal.

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 7:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Summer is very long here, and winter is fairly short, so we don't have to do much. We picnic indoors, eat popsicles, watch summer movies like The Sandlot. thisyear we may go to an indoor water park and I may get a UV light...something to help with the really bad winter blues in late January.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 2:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We take a trip the beach every single winter.. right after it snows in my area...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Summer is so damn long here that I have no desire to bring any of it into the winter time. lol It usually last from the end of April to the beginning of November so I totally love when it is cooler.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:03 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think we will still do what we have done all summer long which for us was taking time out of everyday to go on "adventure" walks throughout our subdivision, as long as it doesn't get too cold. He had a lot of fun and I am sure if we get any snow this year he will love it even more.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sometimes in the winter, i'll let the kids put their bathing suits on and get in the bathtub and splash around. Then we'll have a picnic in the living room. For myself personally, I go tanning a few times. I know it's not "healthy" or whatever, but its a sure cure to my inevitable winter blues!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• actually i'm glad it's cooling off, i wear pants all year long so i think this is going to be more comfortable.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We are going to go to an Indoor water park this winter!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Summer is so long and hot here, I'm ready to see it go. LOL. I still have fresh vegetables until the first freeze, which usually isn't until late November or early December.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think all seasons should be kept seperate!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We make a beach in a bottle to remind us of the fun we had during the summer and the fun to come next summer.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 9:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2010