Has anyone experienced bullying towards their children by other children in school? In what grade did you start to notice the bullying starting and what exactly did they experience?

My daughter experienced the start of bullying in middle school and it went into high school. She received threatening texts, phone calls and even instant messages. After keeping a log, saving the text messages, voice mails and instant messages we were able to finally get the phone calls investigated by reporting it all to the police. They finally caught who did it and they were arrested.

Ittgal

Asked by Ittgal at 8:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in

• Oh I am so sorry for your DD. Is she ok now? I have no idea why kids do this to each other? (it was another peer right?)

My son is only in first grade, I dont think he has ever been bullied....I asked him and he says no. But I try very hard to teach him about other peoples feelings and how its important to be nice to EVERYONE. Even if they are not like you.

I want him to be the bully stopper in his school. The one who helps those who are being hurt! He is a very sensitive understanding boy and I hope I am teaching him to use those traits well!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:14 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Kindergarten. At that age they keep it old school - name calling, pushing, hitting, kicking. DS was just "lucky" and ended up in a class with a kid who would be sitting in the principal's office before the first week of school was over. It wasn't targeted at any single classmate, it was just whoever was in his line of sight at the time - child has some serious anger issues and was apparently never told no at home, because the first time he was, he punched a wall in class.

There's also some religious and race bullying at his school. TBF, I don't even know how many of these kids realize what they're doing is bullying or wrong - they're only repeating what they've been taught at home, which means tell the non-Christian kids they're going to hell and tell the latino kids to "go home".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My DD was just in the 8th grade, and it all started because of a guy that one of the girls thought my DD had a crush on. ( Which she didn't). so the bully of the pack started to follow my daughter around and push her into lockers. Then the " Bully" soon had followers that would do what ever this " Bully" would tell them to do. Not only did they try to get my daughter into trouble but tried to frame her for having a lighter in her backpack. Then went out to all extremes to get things worse, one chewed a waad of gum, and walked by my daughter and smashed it in her hair. Not only getting her face hit with the side of a note book binder and causing an injury close to her eye, getting pushed into lockers, kicked in the back at the pep ralleys, numerous of prank calls, threat letters and shall i go on? The school was to blindsided to step in until i called the lasttime and told them that i would sue if she come home hurt anymore
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 9:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My children experienced bullying at home by there older cousin. He's 7 and my boys are 2 and 3. He takes there toys and tells them what they can play with. At first we let it happen because wewanted to teach them to share and we didn't want to be mean(his mom recently passed). But lately he's turned into a real a hole and even got physical. Well when he got physical so did my boys. They know if someone hits that's not right and they do have the right to defend themselves. My 3 yr ol has even made his cousin cry. We spoke to his father but no change. He let's him get away with murder. When we move(we are currently living upstairs from them) this child will NOT be allowed at my home until he can behave.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• For my son, it started about 5/6 grade ~ middle school was the worst, and as a Senior, he still experiences it.... I think he just can't wait to get out of school. He only goes for 1 hour and 40 minutes a day for English and Graphics and the kids just ride him all the time. Yesterday he came home so pissed off. I told him to go down to the counselor's office and see if maybe they can find another period for English. Its crazy.... You'd think by the time they turned 17 they would have better things to do than pick on other kids.... get a job, get a girlfriend, leave my kid alone...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter's issue all started over a boy visiting our house and his mom worked with my husband for several years, so we all knew each other. This young lady found out about him coming over and it all went down hill from there. I'm such an advocate of stopping the bullying after what we went through. People can disguise themselves calling another phone number by dailing *67 and you do not know who is calling you. They come up unavailable on your phone. No matter how many times I told my kid not to answer it, she didn't listen. One day I took a call and told them that if these phone calls didn't stop, I was going to the police. Was surprised to hear what came out of this kids mouth. This kids think they will not be caught because they hit the *67, however what they fail to remember is this. I may not show on my phone bill, but will show on theirs when their phone bill has been subpoena by the courts
    Ittgal

Comment by Ittgal (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Good for you.And stand your ground.When I was in 3rd & 4th grade,this boy was always waiting for me by the fence to beat me up.My sister & I were the only white people in this elementary school.I went to an in-patient drug tratment program when I was 29.The ordeal left me with tremendous amount of pain and I never understood why he did this to me.So when I was in treatment,I made this a part of my biography.And what I found out was that he liked me and that was the only way he could show it.I still don't understand it,but it brought some closure that bothered me for close to 20 years.You and your daughter are in my prayers.No one should have to go thru that.Life is hard enough on kids.Good luck sweetheart!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010