Let them eat cake?

Dear People

For only the second time in my adult life, I am not ashamed of my country. I want to thank the hard working American people for paying $242 thousand dollars plus additional expenses for my vacation in Spain . My daughter Sasha, several long-time family friends, my personal staff and various guests had a wonderful time. Honestly, you just haven't lived until you have stayed in a $2,500.00 per night suite at a 5-Star luxury hotel. We only booked 70 rooms for our friends, staff and family. Thank you also for the use of Air Force 2 and the 70 Secret Service personnel who tagged along to be sure we were safe and cared for at all times.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• and yes
    Let them eat cake
    I have NOT cleaned the oven in a while, so you can come over crape the insides walls of my oven and snack away
    YUMMY!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• actually i heard on the news that most of the expenses they paid themselves, except for the use of the plane and secret service.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm still waiting for the complaint that Laura Bush took the twins on an African Safari....Guess I missed that post. or that the secret service was ON THE CLOCK to go retrieve them from the POLICE STATION on more than one occasion..had to follow her to night clubs and parties......I don't care but apparently the OP cares about that type of thing...maybe you just didnt know...because FOX didnt report it

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2010/08/michelle_obama_spain_trip_what.html

Let's get some facts straight:

* I've seen reports that Mrs. Obama brought 40 friends on the trip. The East Wing has told me earlier in the week that is not true. On Saturday, the East Wing confirmed that Mrs. Obama is traveling with two female friends and four of their daughters.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 8:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Many of the assertions in this email are not even true. WHY does it bother you so much that the first lady traveled to Spain with her daughter? Jealous?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Michelle,
    You are so welcome, glad you had a nice vacation. I have been looking for work, while taking care of my family. My youngest has autism and it wears me down at times, so I am looking forward to your postcard, I can live vicariously through you and your family time. We were unable to afford any vacation this year. We wanted to go camping, but even that was too expensive this Summer. We did manage to get the gas bill paid after we were cut off, thanks credit card people for upping my limit, to make me further into debt, but we have hot water again for dishes, bathing and laundry. Be sure to thank Social Security people for denying my daughter any benefits, we will go without the money, but if you could put a word in for us would appreciate it. If they deny her any disability, then she will be get any autism therapy, and if she is declared with a disability, we wait a year or more for the therapy
    keep in touch
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There is no question here, put youir hatred on your journal page

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Never mind that I don't consider four days a "vacation," that's a long weekend. Never mind that the Obama's are footing their own personal expenses. Never mind that the Obama's are parents of young children and understandably want to provide them with the best childhood experiences they can afford. Never mind that airline fares and packages to Europe are affordable to any middle class person who plans well, economic downturn or not. Never mind that the republicans constantly preach that in this capitalistic society people have the right to make and spend their money any way they want. Unless you're the wife of a democratic president, evidently.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 8:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Awwww so glad we could give you such a great v-cay! LOL

But in his defense....(and trust me I dont really wanna give him one) in his defense, everyone before him has done that or worse! They are completely out of touch with reality!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• *Mrs. Obama's total entourage is larger, with staff and security. The East Wing will not say how many staffers are with Mrs. Obama. I've seen deputy chief of staff Melissa Winter and another staffer in photos.

*Mrs. Obama always travels--domestic and international--with an around the clock security force--uniform and in plain clothes. Taxpayers pay their salary and travel expenses.

momentofpeace

Answer by momentofpeace at 8:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010