ok i had my baby on tuesday and i wanna know how can i get my feet unswollen i mean they really blew up

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They should go down automatically after the birth, If not try and keep them elevated and speak to your midwife about it. Congrats!
    mum-to-a-cutie

Answer by mum-to-a-cutie at 8:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was really swollen too it will go down I did a lil over a week
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• CONGRATS! If you had immediate swelling after or did you have swelling before the birth? This is just one of the questions the Doctor will ask including your blood workup results before the baby and after. You have fluid retention and it comes mostly from your kidneys. You need to see a Doctor. My friend was kept in the hospital four days after the birth of her last child. They attached a bag and remove the excess waste that way. Insurance companies do pay for this. It also has to do with your sugar levels too high. It usually takes a week for the swelling to go down. Hope this helps.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When you talk to your doctor (or just call the nurse), ask if it would help to drink lots of water and get a little exercise (walking around the block or something else realistic based on how you feel.) My ankles would get HUGE in the 3rd trimester, and the three things that helped a lot were elevating my feet as often as possible (let gravity work), walking and drinking plenty of water. But I'm not sure what's causing your post-birth swelling, so definitely get medical advice. Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Put your feet up and drink plenty of water...
    I had the same problem, it took almost a week to go away
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Drink lots of water so your body can flush it out.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Just keep your feet elevated
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Avoid lots of salt/sodium, and elevate as much as possible. Did you get a lot of fluids during labor/birth?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Eat lots of watermelon, eat a whole one if you can! It is a natural diuretic and will help you get rid of the excess fluid.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• it gets worse before it gets better. I've had 4, and it happens EVERY TIME. I'm somewhat swollen before, and it's always worse for a few days.
    squeegeatc

Answer by squeegeatc at 3:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010