For all the single moms out there

Before i met my fiance i was a single mom, i would do backround checks(its worth the money) on those i felt would be a possible longterm realationship this really worked for me. it also protects my familia and myself .have you? and would you do a backround check? on someone you feel would be a possibility of a long term realationship.

pyrofyterwife

Asked by pyrofyterwife at 8:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Its a good idea, for sure, however I have to admit I probly wouldn't think of it and just go by my own instincts.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i never thought about it but now that you mentioned it i might.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think if found out someone did a background check on me, i'd be pissed. I feel like that is a violation of privacy. I have never done that. I guess i'm just old school. I take the time to get to know them real well before saying "I do". I dated DH for 3 years before i said "I do". By then,i knew him VERY well.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i dont think its a bad idea. I got for health and credit checks better to be safe than puttin ur self and kids thur nonsense
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I guess I have always gone by instinct. Especially since I had my son, i've gotten picky. My son's father is not a very grown up adult, and he taught me the obvious signs to watch out for and to be cautious of. I have now met an amazing guy! I ran through my personal check list and he cleared with flying colors!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• umm i would think someone was a little crazy if they had done that to me. also there are people who dont have criminal background history at all and they still may not be safe or stable or even nice. so i think it would in someways be a waste of time. a criminal background check may not tell you that the new guy you're with is a dog, or that he is a compulsive liar, or that he has a wife as home. and at the same time, like the PP said that is a violation of trust, if you want a background, then you should ask and go down and get it done together if its important to you. my boyfriend and i both had to get background checks before moving into an apartment together so thats how i know his.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010