how often are you late taking your kids to school??

this is only the second week of school and i was running late 2 days in a row and i feel TERRIBLE LOL. I hate when shes late and im really going to have to make a bigger effort of helping her get dressed so that she will be there BEFORE the bell rings! i just wondered if i was the only one lol

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• Gotta agree with bvannkissy. My boys were usually late at least once a week. I had alot on my plate and I was having a hard time managing. It wasnt until I sat down and prioritized everything I had going on, that things got back in order.

Although the school system will make you feel like crap for your child being late, remember your not perfect. Do the very best you can.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There were times when I got my kids to school late.You just have to remember mama that you are not perfect.& you just do the best that you can do .And don't be so hard on yourself. : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 9:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We're not. If anything, we're usually early. I like it that way because it gives them a calm start to their day instead of having them feel all rushed and anxious.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I agree with bvannkissy (great name too lol)

It happens sometimes, thats life, you're ok!! You're going to make a better effort, so don't worry about it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• rarerly if ever, usually cuz of something involving traffic
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• never - she takes the bus
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My DD just started kindergarden on the first of September she is 5. She takes the bus so she is always on time
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We only live 2 miles from the school, I don't think they've ever been late.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 8:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Never, IMO it is very irresponsible.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My kids are in 4th, 5th, and 7th grades - I can count on one hand the times they've been late to school. But you realize there's a problem and have a plan to fix things! My trick is to do everything I can the night before - lay out clothes (including barrettes/ribbons for my daughter's hair and their shoes), pack the backpacks, plan breakfast, pack as much of their lunches/snacks as possible, etc. For my oldest son I made a list of things he needed to do in the morning in the order he needed to do them, so he wouldn't get sidetracked. I also plan to have the kids ready 10 minutes before they need to leave, so we have those extra last few minutes for things they "forgot"

Answer by missanc at 9:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010