Is the "Independent Educational Program" Helpful in the schools

The

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 8:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in

• i just had huge issue with this two days before school, they changed from 4 days to 2
    everyone i spoke to said they have to follow the IEP for legal reasons
    i called super intendent and told him my issues with it
    said it was my daughter legal right to have a new one since all the boxes were blank-the standard tests they were unable to do because daughter three and did not cooperate, i said i would talk to lawyer and the capital and get her her rights to have the tests done, and not base her IEP on 30 minutes of what a school therapist thought
    day before school, her new teacher calls and said she had a call from super and it is now four days
    also they had cancelled her bus service! and supr fixed that too

go to the top to bitch, and when bitching mention lawyer and going over that persons head
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes IEPs ensure your child gets what they need to help them be successful in school
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Works for my kids.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son is on an IEP, and it is very helpful. It was very challenging for me to finally get him on one, but it was worth the work. Try this link for info...and be sure to get all doctors and counselors your child sees involved in the process. http://www.ehow.com/iep/
    niknik78

Answer by niknik78 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• An individualized education plan can be helpful ... if everyone adheres to it. Seems one of the biggest struggles besides getting one put into place in the first place is actually having everyone follow through once it has been implemented.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• To get one for your child is a big hassle at our school. The school psychologist determines which child gets one by her seeing the child for maybe 10 minutes. She doesn't take the teacher's viewpoint into consideration at all. Very frustrating.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It was wonderful for my youngest.He's 26 now.I think that is about when that program started.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The IEP were out along time ago. They just were not really talked about as much as they now. They were just relativley new in thelater 70's. I had one when i was in school and remember going to the meetings and telling a few teachers how i was and what was better for me to learn and remember. One teacher told me right there in the meeting... " I don't have time in my day to teach one child differently" I told him" Then you don't need to be teaching.." I was in the 9th grade. I passed his class with a high B. From that time , i learned on how to talk to the educators.. I got what i needed done.
    Airforce3mom

Comment by Airforce3mom (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010