proper care and feeding....woman power

How many of you devoted wives and signficant others have read these two books by Dr. Laura, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands and Woman Power (the companion book to proper care)?
I am doing it backwards because BnN didn't have a copy of The Proper Care. I am reading Woman Power though.
I think the ideas she presents are fascinating, wonderful, and so very true!
I never thought much of Dr. Laura, but since seeing her promoting her books on one of the morning talk shows I realized that her books validate the type of wife I have been. That is to say, I've been the wife that properly cares and feeds her man. So much of it makes sense. I cannot believe there are wives out there who are flat out refusing to read this book.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 3:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I agree! I think right off the bat people have told me that they don't like that she wants women to "serve" their men etc. I don't think they get it! Its not about being a stay at home mom (necessarily) and waiting on your hubby hand and foot. If you respect and treat your hubby well he will do the same. Dr. Laura obviously has a successful career so Women CAN do both if they so choose. But its just about being able to balance and prioritize. I LOVE her, she always tells it like it is. :)
    zionsmom1

Answer by zionsmom1 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I totaly disagree. I have for years done those things for my husband and he has shown no respect for me you treating me in away of soooo. He just takes me for granted. like Im his mother. and keeps making messes and keeps expecting dinner on the tabel even when im sick or have had a bad and so on and so forth. I think there should be a balance between husbands and wifes when it comes to cooking, cleaning, working and taking care of the children. If one does way more then the other, then the one is going to resent them for it. I know I do!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Because most women are threatened, they think that God intended for women to be servants and a lowly life form, when in fact that is not the truth at all! They think that is what they will be told if they read those books. Here are two more that I just loved: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs and Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes. My hubby read the first one too and he said wow, that is right on!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I like Dr. Laura and her books, as well. It's just a foreign concept in most of today's culture, but her helpful hints make for happy homes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i read proper care and feeding of husbands and suggested on here that women read it and i got bashed saying the book made us slaves to our husbands. whatever. i do not agree with that. i think if the women would read it they wouldn't need advice from us. i think the only women who bash the book are the types that feel that they never do anything wrong and that their husbands are just their toys. i have not read the other book but i would like too. only thing i didn't totally agree with was always giving up sex, i did and my husband didn't do more but now he does and i give it less. i just don't enjoy sex as much as he does.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I love Dr.laura....I have the book and I read it all the time. I have such a wonderful relationship with my husband now because of it.
    MCD3

Answer by MCD3 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

Anonymous

• I think she is nutty, but I LOVED that book.
    Anonymous

• I found it nice that even though she comes from a religous view point that I can agree with her without being religious. If that makes sense. LOL I have found that I am a better "christian" wife without actually being christian than many of the christian women/wives I have known throughout my life.
    Anonymous