Continuation "for all the single moms out there"

I was in a longterm realationship 9ys to be exact i did not know (really no clue) the person had a felony and the person was on probation as soon i found out i left the ending was NOT! pretty but i survived it and so did my familia so! thats why i posted the question to give everyone something to think about .you and your familia derserve the truth and you should have the choice to choose not someone else.. PROTECT YOURSELF AND YOUR KIDS arent we worth it?? i think we are (by the way my fiance did a backround check on me i understand why he did) and i "love" him

pyrofyterwife

Asked by pyrofyterwife at 9:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I do background checks on everyone my children come into contact with. My husband even warns all his friends that I will do background checks and none of them mind.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yeah, I ran a background check on my DH when we started dating. Told him I was going to. He did not mind at all.
    I have also ran background checks on everyone my ex has dated. The reasoning behind this is simple, one of his "girlfriends" was a convicted drug dealer, had been to the pen for burglary, and lost all three of her kids to the state. And this is the type of person he felt my child was "okay" being left alone with.
    So, yeah, I run background checks on anyone that is going to be a part of my child's life.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i see no problem runin background checks on folks.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:07 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've known my SO for 14 years, and I still ran one on him... lol it was a wasted of money though! The man has had only one speeding ticket, ever. that's it. lmao!

Yes, I agree, we have not just the right but also the responsibility to make informed decisions about the people we allow access to our children.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I run background checks as well. I'm not risking my children's safety for anyone or anything.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010