is it time to potty train??

my daughter is 18 months... she lets me know when she needs her diaper changed. she goes on the potty every once in awhile... i just don't know if she's grasping the concept. her pediatrician says it sounds like shes ready... but i'm not sure. what are more signs that shes ready? what should i be looking for at this point?

Jennifer S.

Asked by Jennifer S. at 9:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, go for it!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my son was 14 months the first time he went potty in the big potty, i tryed because he kept taking his dipper off when he had peed in it, he also squatted when he was peeing or pooping in his dipper, and he tryed soooo hard to potty on the big potty when i put him on it! i bet she is ready! but its hard to do this, i was on my son for 2 days and he pottyd in the big boy potty then he stopped wanting to and i kina went backwards i put him back in dippers! it saves money if you stay on them and fully potty train them
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah but if it doesn`t work don`t get mad she`ll get just keep trying
    rave88

Answer by rave88 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Telling you, is one big sign. Another is going to be when they hide to go to the bathroom in their diaper (go behind the couch or somewhere private) when they start sitting down to go potty in their diaper. Willing to use the toilet is another good sign. I say go for it.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 9:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010