his mom (need advice)

so... my so mom and i are not on good terms right now... she made up a bunch of lies about me that could of ended my relationship with my so... her and i have not spoken since but my so sons bday is coming up and she will be at the party and i feel like her and i should at least talk and figure out where we stand before the party b/c i dont want to ruin his party... she told so last week that she wants to make things right w me but has not called... should i call her?

springsmom0322

Asked by springsmom0322 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I have been in your shoes.. I am in your shoes, just in a different situation. Call her, be the bigger person. If you don't, the string will just continue. On my end- I've tried calling, I've tried being nice. This woman just WILL NOT grow up. But, you have to at least try to work thing out for the sake of your SO and your son. If you call her and try to sort things out, at least you can say you took the first step. Then the ball's in her court, and it's her job to make the next move as to whether things get better between the two of you or not.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Be the better person and call her.. You will make yourself feel better and your SO.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think you should call her and be the bigger person. even if you don't like her, you can still not fight with her. If you planm on being with you SO forever, than she is always going to be around, might as well not make it terrible. Don't let the things she says influence your life and get you done. You're stronger than that!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 9:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• For the sake of your child, call her..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i have been there my sons birthday was comming up after i didnt talk to her for 3 months, i had to invite her because it was her grandchild, so i did, she came we got along but i didnt talk to her about what happend between us before or durring my sons birthday, i think you should talk with her because it was so aquward the way i did it!
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would call her.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'd call her but to cover your back. Make sure your SO is in the room when you call and can hear the conversation. That way if she starts being nasty or decides to make up lies your SO will know the truth of what was said. My cousin tried to make up with her future MIL and the bat tried to tell her fiance that she called her an old whore (which che didn't) and she had the proof because her fiance was listening on speaker phone the whole time. It will also show your SO that you have tried to work it out and that it is her that won't if she makes a big stink.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i talked to him last night about me calling her and i told him that even if it didnt make things better than at least we would each know where we stand on it... the things that she made up were crazy! she told him that i am addicted to painkillers and she knows his feelings towards any kind of drugs (most of his family are addicted to something) i did find out the reason why she was trying to "get back" at me though. The week before we kicked his brother out of our house b/c he was using heroin and he made up a bunch of stuff to get his mom going (shes a drama queen) and then it just all snowballed from there...
    springsmom0322

Comment by springsmom0322 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah a call from you will work.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2010