Hmm this one is tricky!!

My dd is using the potty again thank goodness but now i have a problem, how do i get her to pull down her panties when she needs to go potty? She sit's on the potty with her panties still up and does her pee....i give her praise and just remind her that she needs to pull down her panties first, but she don't see to want too.
Any idea's on how to get her to pull them down first?Or will she just catch on by herself after a while?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 9:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• does she go on a little potty or the regular toilet? If she has her own potty take her in with you and make it a copy game. Mommy pulls down her panty's now DD does, mommy sits, DD sits, mommy goes, DD goes, Mommy washes hands, DD washes hands. Kids love to mimick...just don't be suprised if she starts trying to copy everything lol
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 9:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would always help my DS use the bathroom at first - go through the steps with him (OK pull down the pants, now pull down the undies, etc). It took a little bit for him to be able to take care of business all by himself. She'll learn :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• try going pee in front of her, mabe she will relize you take your underwhere and pants off, when you go pee in front of her talk about what your doing like exzample when you pull down your pants say down goes my pants then goes my underwhere and now i go potty without my undies on then even say yay me i did it without my underwhere! i think it might work
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010