Any survivor of drunk drivers out there???

7 years ago i was hit head on by a drunk driver i was left with a crushed spine,pelvis,and left arm 80% of my body is metal i also lost my best friend. so if theres anyone out there with similar issues drop me a line

pyrofyterwife

Asked by pyrofyterwife at 10:05 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• I was in an accident as a child and broke my tailbone. We were far from a hospital and I remember it was a horrible hospital ride. I was the only one injured. It was the 60s when everyone drove drunk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my sister was hit by a drunk driver when she was in the 5th grade and ended up having brain surgery and a plate in her head... driving drunk is just stupid!!
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You are very lucky to be alive! I know a few friends who survived being passengers when the driver of their vehicle was drunk and crashed. One had a broken pelvis and femur, one was thrown through the windshield and cracked her skull, one had to have so much plastic surgery to reconstruct her face, and a couple of them made it out with minimal injuries. My SIL was hit head on by a drunk driver going approximately 90mph and she and her boyfriend died instantly, as did the drunk driver. I hope that you can find some fellow survivors to connect with, I wish you the best!
    Pookie1016

Answer by Pookie1016 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was sitting in the backseat of a GMC pickup when we were hit from behind by a guy who was twice the legal limit and going aboit awa120mph. There was 6 of us in the truck. He hit so hard that the back tire was off the ground he bent the frame. Drunk driving is not cool. Laws need to be stricter.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm glad you were so lucky, although I'm sure it's terribly difficult for you as well. My husband was killed by a drunk driver.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am so sorry to all of you,
    JBIRDSLADIE

Answer by JBIRDSLADIE at 10:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm so sorry to everyone that has had to deal with this, I wish we could stop this from ever happening again.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:44 AM on Sep. 10, 2010