What is the BEST routine for teenagers with acne?

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My teen girls use a non soap PH balance cleanser its called spectro jel for acne prone skin its a product we get in Canada ( we are Canadian ) and I know this is going to sound crazy but they take a vitimine C ( 500 ml ) every day and that seems to help ..
    MrsTT

Answer by MrsTT at 8:42 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have told our son (14) to only use his finger tips to wash his face in the shower, and then wipe his face with medicated wipes after he's out right before bed. It's helped a lot. Using your fingertips instead of a wash cloth will help not break the skin, and then create the pores to open up to more dirt, and then have a worse breakout. Once a week I tell him to wash with a cloth to exfoliate his skin, but not every time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Skinplicity has a regimen for his age and skin type. We all use Skinplicity product (our derm reccommended) and we Love them!!

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Both of my kids used the Proactive system and it worked really well. I think it was a little expensive, but once their main problems were cleared up - we used a less expensive wash (Neutrogena Acne Wash) to keep the acne away.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I actually reccomend Mary Kay's Velocity program with Blemish control toner and the acne cream. This works amazingly well if used twice a day until breakouts are cleared up and then once a day after that. This can be costly as well but much less than proactive. I still use it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Going to a dermatologist and determine if this is a hormonal problem or just an oily face. And then follow their directions with regularity.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Just Tomatoes or Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 PM on Sep. 10, 2010