What are some healthy ideas for lunches, for picky eaters?

I am getting so tired of making my kids chicken nuggets, frozen pizzas, and mac n cheese!!
My three younger kids are a lot more picky than my oldest, who is in school. What are some things you make for your kids for lunch? They will eat apples, oranges, grapes, and carrots. Other than that, I'm out of luck!

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• http://www.parenting.com/recipes/picky-eaters/

My daughter is a VERY picky eater and this has helped a lot!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• AWESOME! Thank you!
    SAHMomOf3

Comment by SAHMomOf3 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• bumpI had to bump ya.

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 10:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I cook what I normally cook - I don't cater to picky eaters. Most meals always include something my girls like, but if not then they can choose to eat or choose not to eat.
    I also have my girls help me in the garden (they love to eat the veggies they helped to grow!) and in the kitchen (they're always very proud when they make a dish and are more likely to enjoy it and encourage their sisters to eat some too)
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 12:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I saw an article where a mom cut her kids grilled cheese or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches into fun shapes like a sailboat. Then she gave put pretzels and grapes around the boat like the ocean. It was so cute! It could help a picky eater to have fun with it.
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son is the king of all king of picky eaters, he is always hungry because he does not like anything...So i checked out the link provided and there was not one idea given that my son would consider....I even have books about feeding picky kids and as always the ideas did not come from parents of seriously picky eaters...all I can say is give them what they will eat. Last year my son went to Pre-K with jelly sandwiches because it was all he wanted, the teacher even talked to me about it!
    However this year I did walk through target asking my son what he would like for lunches and he said he would like spaghettio's so I had him pick out a thermos and we are going to give that a try.
    Why pack food they won't eat?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010