what's going on? will be tmi

well when i get my periods they usaully last for 10 to 15 days. I bleed heavy very heavy, i pass very big clots, an the cramping is really bad. doctors say it's just from having 3 kids an that there is nothing they can do. all i know is i can't take much more of the pain, an i'm tired of the 3am showers because them bleeding got so bad. The pain gets to the point were i can't walk because it hurts so bad. i have tried over the counter meds, prescribtion meds, baths, heating pad nothing helps with the pain. any ideas ladies on how to get the bleeding to slow, an the pain to slack off some?

mommyof2boysmd

Asked by mommyof2boysmd at 10:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• I have no clue. But I would keep going to different Dr till someone listened to me and could help me out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Your OB should be able to help you. You can have an ablation (not sure on the spelling) done and it should ease your periods
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You should find a different doctor for a second opinion. There has to be something they can do. If you are having a period for 10-15 days you are losing alot of blood. That is not healthy. If you are finished having children, there is a minor surgery they can perform called an endometrial ablation. It works wonders for people that have dysmenorrhea and metrorrhagia.
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You need to find another doctor. The excess period with the symptoms you have are not normal after having 3 kids. And Mommy2...is correct. Ablation is what they would use to help you out.

Get a second opinion
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would definitely go to a different doctor. My mom had the same issue and they put her on medication that helped a lot. You should get a second opinion!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 8:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah see a GYN instead of your MD.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:42 AM on Sep. 10, 2010