this point system level system thing on cafemom

I don't like this. I do like that I get more responses than ever before, but i feel it's distracting. I've been using cafemom for 2years, so I'm still new, I stopped using it for a while after my daughter was born but recently got back onto it, but I don't like this point thing. When did this happen?? why?

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 10:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It started at the beginning of summer. They started it to cut down on all the rude anon answers by makeing it a privledge you have to earn. You don't get to answer anon now until level 16. You used to loose points for being voted down, but they're doing away with that. (Actually, I think they have already.) You do loose points for deleting an answer though, which sucks. Also, you'll notice a lot of answers are there just so moms can get points.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• it was put in place to reduce the troll/anon drama stuff
    IMO
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think it was to make it more popular, kind of like a game. I understand where you are coming from about it, I really didnt like it at first at all. But now I am kind of in to it.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It happened a few months ago. I guess they wanted more action on the site. It's OK. I like it more than I thought I would. It's addicting though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't like it either. I hated school first time around why do I want to do it again?? Why I don't know. An effort to cut down on the drama. You lose points if your reply gets downvoted so you really can't have a difference of opinion if you care about the game at all. also you can't post anonymous until a certain level. I find that amusing because they are right back to being B*****s once they hit that level. anyway try not to let it distract you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i was wondering the same thing. i only joined cm abot a week ago so i am still trying to figure thins out
    lolozig

Answer by lolozig at 1:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• How would it stop trolls and drama?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• oh yeah I remember the drama got really bad right before i stopped coming!! I did like this one thing they did on friady the 13th where you had to find and answer a certain amount of questions and you got an award, it was fun and cute like a game. But this is kind of odd. Oh well, it is great because I get more responses on my questions because people want to "level up" but I don't see how it gets rid of drama, I still see trolls and drama. And you should have the right to be shy/embarrassed and want to post anonymous. Cafemom let bad apples ruin the bunch i suppose.
    gottalovemal

Comment by gottalovemal (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010