school supplies?

OMG what is with the lists of school supplies. I saw one the other day and it included tissue to share with claas! I made it through school with a pen and pencil paper and a PeeChee folder.,
Is OR the only state that does this?

dragonlady44

Asked by dragonlady44 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in

• MI has cut funding so much that tissue must come from the parents. I am worried that if they don't stop cutting we will have to supply toilet paper soon.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No, I have had to send 2 or 3 boxes of tissue, hand sanitizer, bunches of pencils, pens, paper, crayons, markers, colored pencils...tons of supplies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's a pretty long list, that's for sure. It was tough on my very limited budget, but we squeezed it out.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We have always had to send in tissues, purell, paper towels, copy paper. It's ridiculous!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, it's everywhere!!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope it is everywhere. So many school have cut funds and have done this for quite sometime. When my oldest started school. It surprised me what we had to get. Just glad Walmart has great deals.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We've had to send in tissue and hand santizer since my DD was in kindergarten 12 years ago.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• In our district there is a short list of things every child should bring (pencils, paper, binders, etc) and then a "wishlist" for the teachers which includes things like dry erase markers, tissue, hand sanitizer, etc. that you can buy if you are able and would like to. That way those who can afford it can help out and those that can't don't feel like they HAVE to.

Answer by missanc at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope it is everywhere. My kids have been asked to bring in boxes of tissues since Kindergarten (they are now in hs and middle school), some years they were asked to bring in sanitizer as well. This year my 4K child was asked to bring in cleaning wipes and $ for supplies (instead of actual supplies).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It seems to be the norm.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 10:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010