Emotional Help

I have been to counselor and counselor and no OFFENSIVE to anyone at all......I have just sat there and listened to them. I need tools ladies, I don't think a day has gone by for the last 4 months that I have not woke up crying or with-in 10 minutes the water is going.
I had a horrible child life and now I have two amazing kids. I want to stop crying and enjoy life. I was never able to learn how to play in our secretive house........does anyone have some small steps, I really want to enjoy my grandchildren if my beautiful kids will get with it. me.
At least they weren't raised physically and mentally abused.

Hopeful1161

Asked by Hopeful1161 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• Prayer goes along way.

Remind your self daily, look at what you have appreciate your healthy kids. Every night look up a spiritual up lifter write it in bold on paper and stick it on the mirror. Depression is hard to deal with, but you need to realize. You are not a child anymore and what you went through then you will never go through again, you will be sure your kids don't go through it.

You have to learn to forgive in order to move on, let it out shout it out, get it out of your system, what you hate, what made you mad, and leave it behind and every time you think of a bad thought or a sad thought remember you can't change the past ONLY MAKE A BETTER FUTURE AND I know you can do it. The mind is like a child you must train it so picture drawing a box in your head ever time you think about something that will bring you down and eventually the negative thoughts will go away. I do it all the time..

Good luck!!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Have you asked your doctor for anti depressents? They may help you get through the day.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• please check your PM's
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think you answered some of your own questions. You have 2 wonderful children, you want to enjoy life...start doing it.
    Do you work out? Excersise can help tremendously. Start with feeling good about yourself. Again, activity can help boost the mind.
    Im a big girl, and will probally always be, but when I work out, I feel great which allows me to mentally focus better.
    Dont want to sound too harsh...but snap out of it. Life is too short. Get living. I have good days and bad days...then I look at the world and the pain and the hate....and I realize, my life if good. I need to enjoy it more.
    I wish you the best.
    localmom619

Answer by localmom619 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's hard to understand what you have written and what you are looking for. You had a bad childhood, you don't think you were a good mother, but now you want to enjoy your grandchildren. Your children won't let you (because you were a bad mother) and you are crying every day (depressed). I'm not calling you a bad mother. It sounds like that is what you are saying.

You may need to establish good relationships with your children before they trust you with your children.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know what you mean about coming away with no coaching after seeming clearly asking for skills. I get how jusst talking about stuff at different stages of your life helps bring different perpectives and all.

one idea that my friend told me was to think of pouring a little sand in your hole you stand in every time you work on your happiness ratio....that hole we can fall into just when we think we have it going on and then~set back.....but if over time we keep pouring healing sand in to stand on, again and again..the hole starts to fill up and we have an easier time climbing back up and out.

and i lke the idea that the sand is so strong~never the same as if it were a solid base of childhood, but still strong enough to support you and all you hold up.....and that is your sand you put in there...gifts of sand come and we gladly add that to the mix....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 10:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• seek drugs and counseilling, sounds like you need to get over some of the issues from your past before you can move to the future.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:40 AM on Sep. 10, 2010