Is it against CM rules to tell someone you reported their question?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 10:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Um..probably not..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I don't know if CM has any rules on this or not, but I would think that if you report a question/reply it would be best NOT to go back and be like "oh by the way I reported you" as that could start some drama. I would report and then let CM take care of it from there.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've seen several people post an answer in a question that states "question reported" or "I reported it". I don't know if proclaiming how they reported the question got them "in trouble or not". You are correct that we can't solicit people or get them to report the same questions too. I think making it public knowledge that you reported a question would IN DIRECTLY cause others to report it as well. That is why I NEVER say anything when I report a question, profile, etc. Not only that, but you don't know how the person on the other end will respond. Letting them know you reported them could lead to cyber bullying or stalking. Of course if they started this THEY would be in the wrong; however I wouldn't want to do something that COULD send them over the moon. I don't know them, or how they will react, so I just use caution by NEVER telling them.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• HUH????
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't think so - why would it be?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:42 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• id say yes if you were trying to pick a fight with someone, but no if it was something that might have been about you or hert you in a way!
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• they don't. if you reported someone you should be ok if you're worried about them finding out
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• are u asking if they will tell some one? i dought they can
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I know that it is against the rules to ask others to report certain questions. Like I cant tell you or ask you to go report a certain question....just wondering.

mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010