Any ideas on help for swelling?

I am 5 months pregnant and for the last three days I have been experiencing horrible swelling in my legs, ankles, and feet. It is pitting and gets worse throughout the day. I know this is a normal thing of pregnancy but any tips on what might make it a little better? The soles of my feet even hurt.

genuinelyblessd

Asked by genuinelyblessd at 10:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• See what your doctor says depending on how bad it is.

If it is your typical swelling I suggest you soak your feet and elevate them. Don't be on them as much. Good luck, welcome to mommy hood. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• dont eat salt at all! at night or durring the day in free time sit or sleep with your feet on pillows try to make your feet above your head when you sit, put ice on your legs, drink watter, have someone rub your legs and feet to get surculation through your feet... these are all the things i had to do after i had my son i was so sowlen, the night i went in labor i had eatten popcorn and the next day i was sowlen everywhere it only lasted a few days because i did these things
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Prop them up as often as you can and drink lots of water.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Put your feet up and relax. Drink plenty of water and if it is really uncomfortable you need to tell your doctor. You can also try wearing support hose, you have to put it on first thing in the morning and it helps with the swelling.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If it continues to get worse you need to go in and see a doctor.
    In the meantime go swimming! The pressure from the warm water helps with the extra water in your body tissue. Put your feet up and drink lots of fluids.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 10:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Epsom salt
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Drink plenty of water. You want your body to flush the excess fluids out. Try to avoid standing for long periods at a time. And when you can, prop you feet up above the level of your heart.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thank you all! Everyone's response was helpful and hopefully something will work! Have a great weekend!

have a nice weekend

genuinelyblessd

Comment by genuinelyblessd (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010