giant hair bows and flowers?

is this a new thing all of these really big hair bows on little babies? just curious. i have only been noticing it lately. i have 2 boys so i'm definitely clueless when it comes to baby girl fashion ;) but i don't think they were popular 3 years ago when my older son was a baby but now i see them everywhere!

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 10:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My girls have stretchy headband things with big bows on the top.. they are adorable!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter is almost 6... when she was a baby we put her in pink all the time and people still thought she was a boy. We started putting the hair stuff in and all of a sudden people figured she was a girl! I know it is a little (or a lot) silly but its fun to dress up your little girl.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 10:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes,

They use to be small and cute.

Now they take away from the precious little girls all you see is a big bow, you can't even see the babys face. LOL just my opinion, I have three of them and they complain about the little bows I use to put in their hair. In the future the kids are going to be like OMG, mom what were you thinking. I get it all the time from the little bows..
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, it's a cute new thing. I love them.

An example....

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've seen them on babies and they are cute, I just don't know how people keep them on the kids. Neither of my girls would keep a bow or head band on their heads for more than a couple seconds.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i was also thinking if my son had one on his head, it would be so easy/fun for him to pull it off ;)
    Stefanie83

Comment by Stefanie83 (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They keep them on because mom's put it on them right out of the womb. They don't realize it not part of their head. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:20 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It has been around for a couple of years. I started to make them when I had my youngest a little over 3 yrs ago.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah, i've been seeing that a lot lately too... I think its really cute and want to figure out how to make some of my own :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I suppose you have to condition them to use them.... My son is 16 months old he will not wear a hat drives me bonkers cause winter is coming and he WILL HAVE to wear one.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010