What's your favorite kind of spaghetti sauce (other than homemade)?

We like Prego... but I've been wanting to try some others. Whats your favorite kind of store-bought sauce? And do you add anything to it to make it better?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Prego with mini meatballs
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I love the inexpensive ones (off brand) as long as they are red pepper flavored or basil. I also like the chunky kind every now and then.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• McCormick Packets and follow the instructiions, but I add my favorite tomato sauce to it. I usually use two of everything.

Also, you will find Newman's is really good!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 11:15 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Bertolli, the marinara or Garlic something or another. They are really inexpensive, and taste great. I've even served it to guests when I didn't have time to make my own.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I love the Barilla Roasted Garlic Spaghetti Sauce. I also love Prego and I find alot of the other spaghetti sauces like Ragu, Bertolli, etc don't have much flavor. The Barilla is loaded with awesome flavor. Plus it is really thick and not super runny like some sauces that just seem to slide of the spaghetti.
    genuinelyblessd

Answer by genuinelyblessd at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Barilla regular or with basil. I sometimes add a large can of plum tomatoes to it for a change.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My favorite is sweet basil & sundried tomato - I think it's Ragu, it's been a while since I bought spaghetti sauce though! I prefer store-bought over homemade, but my kids refuse to touch store-bought sauce anymore so I'm stuck making it - which I really don't mind because I know it's preservative free!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Believe it or not, the tall can of Hunt's Traditional is probably the closest to homemade...which isn't bad for about a buck. I haven't bought sauce in ages but, that stuff is good. It is hard to impress Italians with store bought sauce! ROFLMAO... I've made it the way my grandma did....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We usually use Ragu, but will use something else if it's on sale.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010