Will men look past your weight...

...if you have a pretty face? I'm talking about men who are ready for a relationship. I am recently divorced, ready to date, but I am self conscious about my weight (about 60 pounds overweight), but I have a pretty face. I smile and am very friendly and am always myself. I'm just hoping there's not much rejection and that men will be interested in me even though I am overweight. I am a confident woman even though it doesn't appear that way from the sound of this post.

I'm not joining a dating website for "fat girls"...just in case someone thinks to bring that up. I'm not 'that' overweight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• A good man will :) There is nothing more attractive than a beautiful smile and confidence, according to several of my male friends. Go get 'em!!!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The men that do look past that are trying to find a relationship that will last. I wish you luck b/c finding a man that looks past all of that is hard to find but when you do he is a keeper. You will know when you find the right one. The trick is to not look and he will be dropped in your lap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:23 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• some men don't care as much about how you look, just about your personality. some men prefer thicker women over skinny minnies. there's somebody for everyone lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• you will find someone, it may take time but princessbeth79 is right some men do pefer thicker women over skinny minnys,
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• for the most part yes, the ones who won't, ya don't want anyway!!!

It's really all about your personality- have fun and be confident.... i think being completely self-conscious all the time is more of a turn off

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• im a bit overweight and i get hit on allot!
    MommieOfOnly2

Answer by MommieOfOnly2 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Most definitely! I have dated many men who don't normally date big girls. Just be yourself and you'll be just fine. Promise.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It is what is inside that counts! If they are not willing to take the time to get to know you that is inside from the heart....you don't need them. Who wants a "not too smart fella"? It is their lost! I am a firm believer in romance. You will meet Mr. Right when you are not thinking about it. I know that sounds crazee, but it is true!
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 11:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• well, I've certainly had luck having some interest while being overweight (100 pounds overweight !)....but I just didn't feel good about myself, so I lost it....you'll find the right person, with or without the weight...you don't have to lose the weight to find someone....but, if you're self-conscious, maybe a weight loss is something you want to consider...and hey, if you start going to a gym or a park to workout, or runs on the street, maybe you'll meet mr. right doing the same thing and share a really great healthy common interest !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Some men will.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010