Act like you have no sense at all.

My sister is a major push over. Everyone tells her what to do, doesn't listen to her or respect her wishes. My advice to her is to act like she ain't got no sense. The family is mad because she acts like that now. When I told her to act like she has no sense I meant for her to speak up. Yell if she has to. Basically snap. If you go off on someone and let everyone see they will leave you the hell alone. Do you or do you not agree?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree to a certain extent, but you should have clarified that to her because I would have assumed you were saying to act crazy too. lol

Yelling CAn make some people listen to you, but if you snap on certain people they may snap back and then you get deeper into the hole.

I had to start ignoring my family when they tried to use me.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I totally do not agree. And I doubt she's getting more "respect". She may get people not bothering with her, people keeping their distance, people fearing her, or people simply wanting to be away from her - but I doubt she's getting "respect" in exchange for that behavior.
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 2:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They treat her like she's an idiot - so you told her to act like an idiot. Uhm, sure, ok.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• she needs to set boundaries and stick to them... sometimes it takes something drastic to tilt the status quo but I would hate it if I always had to yell to let people know that I'm serious.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My sister is the same way.... however she may be a push over but she is stuck in that way (hardheaded) She dose not believe when I tell her this so I have since given up on her in this aspect of her life. If she wants to be used by everyone and their mother I can not stop her. She bugs me so much cause she used to be her own person and now she is a follower like creepy follower. She makes a friend and acts like them or wants to idolize them and some how she always finds the people with a personality that love it..... I hate this fact but what can you do?..... nothing she will have to learn on her own or make a change that she dose not like to be a door mat or ass kisser. BTMO took me years to change (my ex) and learn to not be one any more.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I did clarify it. She knows what I mean. And now she gets a lot more respect. I just think everyone is mad because they can't runover her anymore.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, then everyone will have to deal with that. That's their problem. Not yours, and not hers. She's just got to make changes, and stick to them or she will go right back to being a door mat. And then it will be worse then it was to begin with.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's not the recommendation I would have made, in telling her to stand up for herself and assert herself more. Glad it's working for her though
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 12:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010