Am I just being insecure or is this weird?

My son is 16 and is very good friends with a girl in his school...nothing romantic just friends. This girls mother has started emailing my son on facebook, texting my son and has even called him. The latest incident is when the football team decided to shave their heads, my son decided he didn't want to. The boys continued to bug him he finally said take it up with my mom (mind you I didn't care what he did, he just wasn't interested this year), this mother calls him 5 minutes later begging him to do it and my son says do you want to talk to my mom of course she said no. She also has told my son she will be wearing his Football number this year at games (because it was her son's number last year) and can't wait to make people wonder, I'm sure that was innocent. I still think its weird. I talk to my son's friends when they are in our home, but I don't call them or text them or email them on facebook. Thoughts?

blessedwboysx3

Asked by blessedwboysx3 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes Wierd! Is she making your son uncomfortable? Maybe you should have a conversation with your son about warding off unwanted attention. It could be very empowering for him. Just because he's a boy not a girl doesn't mean it's ok for an adult to groom him.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• She.Has.Issues.
    That's not normal. He's 16 and she is giving him way too much grown-up personal attention. I would ask/tell her to back off.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not insecure, this is just plain weird. I think this Mom is actually interested in your son and I think that you need to deal with this situation before it gets out of hand. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not normal at all!!! Beyond over stepping boundaries.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• sounds a little too "Mrs. Robinson" to me
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I agree with everyone else. She's up to no good. You need to get this stopped NOW! Good luck!
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It might be nothing, but I think that's a little bit weird.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:44 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's WEIRD! She is TOO OLD to be interested in your 16 year old son so much! And her intruding on his life is not going to help the relationship,if there is one, between your son and her daughter. If anything, it may HURT it!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yes this could be weird
    anything else you know about this woman??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• its weird alright souds like maybe she has a crush on ur son she diff needs some help
    D3283003

Answer by D3283003 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010