Does your husband put you on his insurance?

I have 2 aunts that their husband won't carry them. Just themselves. One of them finally has a good job with her own. But the other one needs surgery and she doesn't have insurance.

fairyinabubble

Asked by fairyinabubble at 11:34 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• yes, my husband has our whole family on his plans
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Wow, that's crazy. We jointly decided that I would not be on DH's when he was covered through his old job - it wasn't worth it. We found private insurance that was a lot cheaper with better coverage. We tried putting Dh on mine a couple years ago, but they wanted to redo mine to do that and it would have screwed everything up for me. So he got his own. And no, he didn't put me on it, because it wouldn't cover my health issues while mine does.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yeah, my husband is in the army so his insurance covers our whole family
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:36 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No, he's on mine.

Maybe your uncles simply can't afford the extra cost to add the spouse to insurance. The last several jobs I've had MY insurance was about 80-90% paid by the company, but the company doesn't pay any of the insurance premium to add spouse or children.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 11:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, I am on my husband's insurance. I've never heard of one partner having it and not including family members.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:38 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• As soon as we got married he added me, as well as my two sons from my previous marriage, to his PPO. Our insurance is fully covered by his employer. I am very thankful for it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We've gone both ways with insurance.

For several years he was on my insurance.. And now I'm on his.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes my husband covers me but as the above we are military. That just seems crazy to me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes. But, I know at some companies, it is too expensive to put the rest of your family on your insurance. I cannot put my husband on my insurance because my company won't allow us to cover spouses that have insurance coverage available through their jobs.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• That's extremely selfish and if any husband of mine tried to do that shit he wouldn't be my husband anymore.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2010