took mom to dr

I took my mom to dr because she has several hernias in her stomach. they were susposed to schdule surgery instead this dr tells her your fat you can wait til you lose weight. A . she can't walk like she used to from a fall that resulted from passing out on stairs from needing her gallbladder out, she broke her ankle so bad they put pins and screws in it. now she falls all the time. how is she to exercise when they tell her she can't with this mass of hernias. and this dr was so rude i sat their with my mouth open in shock. I was told she can die from these mass of hernias to. the dr was also telling her i like your dr she is my friend. and both dr's have been very rude and calling her a liar. my mom does not and cannot drink sugared drinks, she doesn't eat big meals. and doesn't snack. the one dr was so stupid told her no veggies, and to eat all the startch she wants and no meat. we are like uh NO!!!

sherryb1273

Asked by sherryb1273 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• Finding another is a wise move. Can't believe some doctors sometimes. Best of luck with your mom.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I wondered if anyone else ran into a situation like this? we are going to find anthor doctor. that dr also told her she doesn't care if she was in severe pain. and to find a different family doctor before she goes into pain. we are like OMG. i was astounded. i think someone needs to teach them a better bedside manner.
    sherryb1273

Comment by sherryb1273 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Doctors can be jerks. She could swim or she may be able to do some kind of exercise bike or other equipement. Swimming would be best. Most cities have heated pools for the elderly and disabled.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 AM on Sep. 3, 2010