adult tetanis shot reaction?

On Friday, I stuck a dirty phillips head drill bit almost all the way through my pointer finger, it scraped the soft tissue off my finger bone. The doctor put me on strong antibiotics and gave me a tetanis shot. For the most part my finger feels fine now, but the place where they gave me the shot has a huge knot and is very painful. My joints also feel weak and ache. I put a heat pad on it, and made sure to move my arm around after the shot. My daughter had her tetanis booster this summer and didn't have any of these reactions to it. Do you think there is something wrong with me or the shot? Any advice on what I could do to get the shot out of my system? Or is this normal? I looked online but couldn't find anything to do with adult reactions, I could really use some advice!

Lornamay

Asked by Lornamay at 5:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Health

• I am an RN... Everyone reacts different to all kinds of shots... also because of ur injury could cause this to happen... if the pain dont go away within a few days call your doctor and make him aware of it... also call asap if it turns really red or starts to have thick white water like puss coming out of it. (where the shot or where you got injured at)
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 5:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It's been about 10 yrs since I had one, but it sounds like the way I felt. Maybe someone else will give you a better answer, but I'm going to say it sounds normal to me. I do think by about the 3rd or 4th day after the shot, I felt better, so I'd say if you're still feeling bad tomorrow or Tuesday, you might want to give the dr a call.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008