Belly button rings?

So I have my navel pierced and it hasn't bothered me at all. I'm 24 wks. But a friend of mine said I should take it out. The doctors haven't said anything. Does anyone know by which point you should take it out? The only thing I've heard is I should take it out by time I go into labor just in case they need to do a c-section

CaylaLU

Asked by CaylaLU at 5:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• MY SIS IN LAW WORE HERS THE ENTIRE TIME, EVEN DURING LABOR.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 5:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• most drs will just have you take it out when you have it just to be sure to not tear your navel but ive seen plenty of pregnant women with it .. you should be fine
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i am an RN as long as it isnt bothering you or hurting in anyway it is fine staying in until you got to the hospital.. If they by chance need to have a c section it is a good idea to have it out... but it wont hurt the baby in anyway stayin in...
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 5:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I wore my belly ring the whole time, and I'm wearing it still. I'm 5 mos preg. If you have to have a c-section, I'm sure they will take it out if need be, but they will not be cutting your belly button.
    frugiferous

Answer by frugiferous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I had to take mine out at 6 mos. I stretched and it started to hurt. But now i have a horrible scar. I would suggest if you are getting big and your stomach is stretching a lot, to take it out before it starts to hurt. Not a nice feeling.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• First pregnancy I took mine out and it closed up. Got it repierced, and then left it in till the way end, put it back in as soon as I got home from the hospital. Nothing bad happened from leaving it in, but then again I didn't get huge either.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• There is a plastic ring extender that you can get. Thats what my doc told me to go ahead and put in.
    donismile

Answer by donismile at 6:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am still wearing mine, but then again my piercing is under a year old. I just bought a maternity belly ring instead of wearing my other ones. This one is plastic and 100% flexible. I got it at bodycandy.com.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008