Spin off on the boot question regarding skinny jeans....

So, I love many of the new boots I see out there, but it seems you must wear skinny jeans with them....but can you wear skinny jeans if you are not skinny??? I'm a size 8 - 10 depending, and feel like a cow in skinny jeans, does this mean I can't wear all the new boot styles??

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I Just bought my First pair of skinny jeans to go with boots I bought yesterday. The key is to wear a longer flowy top. I really like them. To help keep your pants from bunching is to pull tube socks over your jeans then to pull on the boots.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Dude, I'm a 5'11" size 6 and I won't wear skinny jeans; I think they're stupid. Everyone I see them on either wears them with Uggs or Converse and looks ridiculous, or they're too big to be wearing anything with the word "skinny" in the title. I think they make my mile-long legs look even longer; I like my height but I'm not trying to look like I'm 7ft. tall.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Be comfortable in your skin! I am a size 13/14 and have a couple pair of skinny jeans and even some leggings. If I were a size 8 Id be rockin them even more!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Very few people can pull off skinny jeans. Generally you have to be tall AND skinny for them to look right. If you don't feel right wearing skinny jeans, then don't. They'll just end up sitting in your closet. You can always where a pair of cute boots with a skirt or another style of pants or jeans.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think if you wear what makes YOU feel confident, screw what other people say. I'm 5'3, 95-100lbs, and I don't wear skinny jeans (and I have the body to pull them off). I don't feel confident in them.

"Skinny" jeans aren't made for just stick-thin people. If you feel good in them, wear them. If not, don't.

As far as the boots, same goes. Are they cute? Do you like them? Do they make you feel confident? Then WEAR them!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 7:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hun i'm size 12 and once it's not so hot i'm going to be rocking them lol. of course if you don't like them, then you could go for some other fit..... i think any kind except flair or boot cut would work with putting the jeans inside the boot. flair and bootcut go outside the boot which imo is pointless lol. why hide the cute shoes??
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm a size 8-10 too with big thighs and I love skinny jeans! You have to find a good pair that is kind of stretchy and really dark. It especially helps if you have boots that flare a bit at the top to help balance your thighs. I'm sure you'll look great!
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Wear them if you like them!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• i would think you could wear them with any pant
    luvmyaustin

Answer by luvmyaustin at 3:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010