Are you still physically attracted to your SO?

Me and my husband have been together for 6 years. He use to have a great body, 6 pak and all and now its more like a 30 pack lmao..Im sure its from him drinking beer and eating..
he always tells me that i look good and stuff, but he has changed so much im not physically attratcted to him anymore... is that bad of me? I mean I love him...just not attracted to him like that anymore..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I am. We have been together for 14 yrs and married for 8 yrs.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Wish I could sympathize! But I still think my DH is the sexiest man alive! Honestly, I am attracted to him in so many other ways, that the physical attraction just follows along!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes I am very much physically attracted to my husband.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope. I don't know if I ever really was, but now it's worse.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My SO and I have been together 7 years. We've both...grown a bit! But yes, I am still physically attracted to him. He still gives me butterflies. Gut and all!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know what you mean. When I met my DH he wasn't like super fit or anything and its only been about 4 years but yeah he's gained some weight and is looking kind of flabby LOL. I know exactly what you mean.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am, yes. I think it has just got to be those beautiful blue eyes and that wonderufl, heart melting smile. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes. My husband looks VERY similar to Ashton Kutcher. No joke. He got a little beer belly for a while, but he's working hard to lose it. I don't think its wrong of you not to be as physically attracted to him. Maybe you could suggest working out together and eating healthier. Say you want to look good for each other. When I want my husband to change something without hurting his feelings, I usually put it on me, and make it look like I want him to go along with me for support. It usually works.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yeah, I am. My husband was super hot when we met and now, 7 years later, he's still super hot. It makes it hard to stay mad at him.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Married 25 years and my husband is still the sexiest of the sexy to me!!! I can't keep my hands off of him most of the time.

If I were you...........I would have an honest discussion with my husband about my feelings. I would do my utmost best to do it as gently and diplomatically as possible. I would try to put myself in his shoes, how would I feel if my husband was no longer attracted to me. And how would I want him to broach the subject with me..

The reality is none of us stay the same (physically) year after year after year. We all change, we age, we get in shape, we slip out of shape, things happen that change our appearance. When those changes are having a negative affect on our relationship, for whatever reason. Then it needs to be discussed. Some changes, are just life, and should be adjusted to and accepted. Some are not. Which ones are or are not, is up to to each individual's thinking.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010