How clean is your kitchen?

We all wonder about how clean the kitchens are in restaurants (I know I'm not the only one to check out the health code score when I go eat somewhere)... but a new study shows that only 61% of home kitchens were as clean as most restaurants.

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 12:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Extremely, my kitchen is always clean - it's my bedroom that's a mess! LOL!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 12:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Right now, not that clean because our apartment manager purposfully shut EVERYONES water off ALLL day yesterday to do "testing". So I got NOTHING done. Working on cleaning it up later today for sure tho.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Clean enough. I mop once a week or so and the dishes are done at least once a day. I would expect cleaner from a resturant, because all of the ones I have worked in do nightly mopping and everything is cleaned with bleach water.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My kitchen is very clean. I just got done cleaning it all..and we keep the house in general pretty sanitized with the products we use.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 12:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Pretty Clean and Organized... I just finished cleaning it.... I use my own cleaners to clean my house. They contain things like tea tree oil, lavender oil, 91% alcohol... kills pretty much everything. I clean the inside of the fridge once a week, move the stove and fridge to clean once a month... the usual!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My kitchen is quite clean, although I wouldn't eat off the floors considering we have two dogs running around..lol. But the rest of it is very clean and reasonably free of counter clutter (which is the stuff that usually harbors all the grease, food splatter & germs). I clean my kitchen daily with a mix of white vinegar & lemon juice, so plenty of degreasing & antibacterial power.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Crazy clean!!!! Im such a perfectionist more now that i have my son. I think i have ocd it sucks..
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 2:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Mine is clean- I love cleaning products. The pantry organization, could be better.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Pretty clean. But I used to work in a restaurant so keeping a clean kitchen is kind of ground in my head! I wouldn't eat off my floor (too many dog pee accidents) but the rest of it is great.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've had way too much microbiology NOT to have a clean kitchen. My DH thinks I'm OCD at times, but seriously, if he KNEW what some of those germs could do to you, he would be that way too! My biggest problems is adult onset allergies and suddenly being allergic to bleach and most of the cleaners I previously used. Now I'm making my own and honestly think we're going to be more healthy with an improved indoor air quality in addition to sanitization. Love my essential oils, vinegar, and baking soda!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010