I neet some seriouse help... (weight issue)

For the past two weeks I totally 100% changed what I have been eating. I am eating the healthiest foods and just recently started excerising a week ago twice a day every day. I lost 5lbs the first week and then none the second week which was the week I had been excersing so Im very confused cause nothing has changed in my eating habbits. I am a nursing mom and know that I retain allot of water which is good in my situation or else my baby would not be able to eat. However looking at the scale after busting my butt all week working out was extremely discouraging. I am at 225 and desperatly need to get down to 160. I dont know if Im doing the wrong work out or if Im still eating the wrong things or too much of it, Im so lost and cant afford to pay Jenny Craig money so I can loose weight lol.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Losing weight is hard work. I will tell you where I got the best support, guidance, education and help - and for free.

www.sparkpeople.com

I went there, talked to people in my same area, lifestyle, age range, whathaveyou.... kept moving, kept drinking water, kept eating better.... and I lost 15 pounds in a month. The first week, you always lose the most, and you will hit plateaus, but the people there will help keep your spirit up to break past them.

Keep the faith and good on you for making the effort!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• This site is great:
    SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet

It gives yuo food examples, or you can enter your own foods, tells you how many calories you need per day, what excercises you can try, etc.

I love it! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• well exercising builds muscle, muscle weighs more than fat does, so you could have not lost weight because you built up a bit of muscle from the work outs. Or you could not be eating enough thus making your body go into starvation mode and it will store EVERY bit of fat it gets because it doesn't know when the next time a meal will come. I find for most people between 1200-1600 cal a day is enough for weight loss. Do some seraching on the internet to find out how many cals you need to eat to lose weight. Good luck!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Ha! Ha! See? I told you the site is great! geminilove said the same thing!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• weight watchers. google it and there should be a couple sites listed that can tell you how many points you should be for your weight/ height and if your bf or not. then they'll have lists of foods and their point values. If you go by that you'll lose weight. Also...make sure your exersize or workouts aren't causing you to GAIN muscle mass....
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 12:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If you are exercising too hard you can put your body into an anaerobic state which doesn't allow you to burn fat at all. I don't know any more about it than that, but I'm a bigger girl too. I was 215 before I got pregnant. When I have been successful it's all about the slow and steady. Make sure you eat often, nutritiously (no prepackaged things), and slowly increase exercise. It'll come! I wish you the best, as I'll be joining your same effort 6 weeks after my daughter arrives.
    marieagain

Answer by marieagain at 12:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• CABlonde- you WANT muscles, they burn the fat in your body, even at a much higher speed if you just sat around all day, if you had more muscle vs. fat.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No Im doing a low cardio ( walking fit video) I sweat because the video has you constantly moving and there is toning on upper and lower body but not with weights or anything else. I love the video because its for heavyset women and I dont dread working out eveyday its actually fun but still challenging still at the point. I will check out that website thanks ladies!!
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Comment by LANDENSMOMMYlmk (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know how you feel! I don't need to lose a ton of weight, but I STILL have some lingering baby fat that I would love to get rid of. I've just started drinking two glasses of water before every meal... not snacking, and trying to exercise more. My mom and dad started eating healthier last year, my dad dropped like 50 pounds over the summer. Here is what they did: drink two glasses of water before meals (or like 12 oz), they walked (on a hill) two miles after dinner, and did not eat anything after 7 PM.
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You have to remember that muscle weighs more then fat. The more you work out the more muscle you gain in small amounts. To the scale you haven't lost any weight, because you've gained muscle. Don't be discouraged though, because that doesn't mean you're not losing fat. And also, you do lose inches before you see a physical difference in fat loss. So don't pay attention to the scale as much as you do what you intake and how you excersise. I personally would only check once a month at the scale, just to see the improvement. Also measure your waist once a month (or the area you're trying to lose weight in) to see the difference. Don't be discouraged, it takes a while for your body to count down the fat loss as the muscle builds.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010