I have a 15 yr old daughter.

She is my only child. I am off work today so I offered to take her to school. She starts school at 9AM. She is a freshman in a charter high school. She gets out at 3PM for the first month then she gets out at 5PM thereafter. Well to make a long story short I offered to pick her up and she said "NO.....I will take the bus". We may have a hurricane in the New England area so I just thought it would rain. She carried no umbrella and I knew she would get wet. She said it so cruely and she back talks so much. She has a word for everything. Sometimes I get so frustrated with her.

Misty61

Asked by Misty61 at 12:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My children get VERY sharp reprimands when they choose to talk to me that way. I remind them that I am the mom and I can make their lives a living hell if I so choose. Luckily they are pretty good
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sorry mommas, teenagers think they know it all and their attitudes can SUCK!! I know it wasn't too long ago that i was a bratty teen talking back to my parents. I dont know how they survived me! Hang in there! Does she have a cell so she can call if she changes her mind?
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 12:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Welcome to teen hell, this too shall pass, but not before you contemplate killing her or yourself! LOL
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter is 19. I have went through the same thing. Please "give her" choices. Well not umbrealla then she get wet. She was to ride the bus to be indepent. As people have told me about my daughter "she" is trying to find out who she is and also grow from that.

When she back talks tell her you don't like that and walk away. I don't know how your daughter is but my wants to pitch more nerves in me if I continue to listen to her "attitutude" voice. So I tell her I don't like it. Or you're hurting my feelings when you talk that way to me.  Mom your are still in control!

*HUGS*

bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 12:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have a 6 mo old son, so I cannot tell you what its like to have a teenager. However! I was so mean to my mom at 15. I don't even know why. She was the enemy and trust we flat out battled. It lasted until I moved out. Now, my mother is my best friend. I can't imagine what its like to love someone as much as I love my son, and have them treat you like dirt in return. I asure you it has to do with her age. I look back now at what a cool mom I had, and can't fathom why I was so cruel to her. I really just thought I was an adult, and she was holding me back from being one. Boy, was I ever a child still! Hang in there. I really hope that ina few years she realizes how wonderful you really are, and you two have the mother daughter relationship my mom and I have now. I know its hard, but don't give up on her. Best of luck to you!
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Beat her ;-p
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am sorry you are having that problem with your daughter. I have a boy and I keep waiting for problems. And, I have been waiting since they told me"terrible twos" would kick in. It is like waiting for a hurricane to hit, but it doesn't happen. How do you and your daughter connect? Spend any time at all together?
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 12:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• And your question is...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Even the most loving teen can lash out in the teen years. I always had to pick my battles. An eye roll would get no attention from me, but talking back would. Asking a question using polite words but biting sarcasm usually got a response from me. The good news is, sometime in the next few years you will begin to see that loving child again. Favorite parent line "this too shall pass"!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 1:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Teens need to stretch their independence sometimes. So she didn't take an umbrella and she's going to get soaked. She will dry and this phase too will pass. Maybe a few times of feeling like a drown rat will help her remember not to be so snitty with mom. I consider myself incredibly lucky with my daughter, she and I are very close. Good luck to you. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010