what is a marriage suppose to look and sound like in its beginning stage?

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 5:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• alot of people say it still the honeymoon stage, and for some it is. for most though, it's harder. you're starting to get used to living with each other, and you start noticing things about the other that aggrivates the hell out of you. so there are alot of things you have to work out.
    Anonymous

• People say the first year is really hard. I have been married for a month and we are just fine. I have never been happier.
    Anonymous

• Its "suppose" to look like a fairy tale ending and sound like a quiet waterfall. IDK, I never knew marriages had a look and sound so I chose what I would want.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• there is no particular way of how it should be but as long as you guys are happy about the way it is then it would be fine. so if your asking or not happy then maybe it's not fine. we argue but were still happy with each other and we just turned over our 6 months of marriage.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If you have a good relationship, there should be a lot of arguing. It means that you're growing in your marital identity, really becoming one rather than two separate individuals. You should still be having a lot of fun, but struggling is perfectly normal and healthy.
    If you didn't get extensive marital counseling, I'd seek some now, because it's important that you both have a good idea of the expectations the other has.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2008