The internet gangster phenomenon....

I always knew women were a funny bunch, and trusting many isn't wise. But it wasn't until cm that I realized what a bunch of wacks, kooks, freaks, nuts and witches they really can be. I suspect it's the anonymity of the internet that makes them that way, most of the witches would smile to your face and never say a word of what they do here. How about you, do you think it's only worse because they feel safe being jerks on the internet? Are they merely compensating for their own useless, meaningless, empty little lives? Inferiority complex, does it make them feel better to put down others? I wonder if they deserve sympathy or a firing squad? And what's worse is if they are here under the blanket of motherhood, they are in charge of raising someone, I shudder to think!

athenax3

Asked by athenax3 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• no clue, i'm the same bitch online as i am off.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 6:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Some people are closet bitches and feel that it wouldn't be very nice to unleash their bitchiness in real life...so they do it here =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• yeah im just myself on here, if im a bitch here ill be a bitch offline too but if im nice ill be nice my mood changes just like anyone elses but i dont PURPOSELY try to put people down i hate when that hppens to me i wouldnt do it to someone else.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I really think a lot of women talk smack here because they know if they did it elsewhere they'd likely GET smacked, lol! I think the internet has done wonders for womens ability to yet further kick, bite and scratch at each other. As a group, women are their own worst enemies.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am a bitch to your face when needed and I can be a bitch on here when needed.

The ones that hide behind all the anonymous posts/replys I trully do believe lead a double secret life. At home they walk around with their bibles under their arm playing Mrs.DoGood but on here they bash/cut down and are trully cruel with some of their replys and they do it behind anonymous. This way they feel good with theirselves while hurting others to do it.
    So yes, it does make them feel good to cut down others.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 6:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It's easier for me to say what I think online, to be sure, because I don't have to deal with the face-to-face confrontation, which I'm really not good at. But I always try not be mean, because even though the internet does give you a certain anonymity, we still get what we dish out, and people still have the same feelings as they would in the 'real world'.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 6:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I guess some people think that they are better than other people and feel the need to express so. I don't care if someone don't like me. I don't really let what mean people say bother me. I deal with it enough offline to just let it be. Because I am a nice person and I really don't need to hang around negative people who think their crap is better than someone else's anyway. I do believe that they feel better about themselves if they cut someone else down, when in reality it just makes them look bad.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• We all need to vent. The internet's anonymity provides a relatively safe outlet for that, whether you condone it or not. Like another poster said, I don't intentionally come down on anyone unless I'm reacting to being put down myself. In that case, I would usually also be assertive in person, but I do admit I can be a little more, for lack of a better term, harsh when at the keyboard. In person, my instinct is to calm the situation, then defuse it if possible. Here, I try to do that as well, but it's easier to let things get heated.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I treat people the same either way I can be nice if they want to and I can be a Bitch too,I dont have to hide behind an anonomous sign to do it,I woild rather do unto others but sometimes thats hard to do.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 7:53 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am what I am and honestly the anonymity of the internet allows for some brutal honesty. Doesn't surprise me much otherwise the world would be a much harmonious place.
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 10:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008