Anyone drink a glass of wine while pregnant?

Without being judgemental, did anyone drink wine while pregnant? Has anyone ever heard any stories about complications or birth defects because of wine drinking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• ne. i have heard stories of someone taking adose of myquil and have an F.A.S child, i wouldnt risk it.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my OB/GYN told me to drink a glass of wine for migranes. i tried it and it really made me uncomfortable, like i was messing up my baby or something.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 12:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm allergic to wine, so I did not. But my OB made it very clear than a glass of wine here and there isn't going to harm the baby.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope - I figured 9-10 months isn't a really long time to not drink a glass of wine

Answer by missanc at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I wouldnt do it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i had a glass and it was ok, my breasts started producing a little bit more
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have drank wine while preggo. Doc said it's alright and that usually it's the 1st trimester you have to worry about... I have heard people with fetal alcohol syndrome although my child never happened to get it because I wasn't boozing every day... The Dr said a glass of wine a week will not hurt baby
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My OB/GYN told me that it was safe in the last trimester, but I never did.... just because I don't like wine all that much. I had my third child three days after my 21st birthday, so we celebrated after I was done being pregnant!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No I do not drink wine while pregnant. I have read the studys on what wine can do and talked with my Midwifes and Dr about it with each pregnancy. Have always been told to stay away from it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I wouldn't do it regularly. Over the course of my pregnancy I had a total of a glass or two of wine. I had champagne on Mother's Day and at my wedding. It's not worth risking the baby's health to do it regularly, but the rare half a glass or so won't do any damage.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010