Pregnant and a stay at home mom, what do you do?

So just wondering if any stay at home moms picked up any fun activities or projects while pregnant to prevent boredom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I am hoping to get back into sewing and cross stitching. I have a three year old son, so he is keeping me pretty busy, but I am able to get back into crafting at night. I am going to have to get caught up on my son's scrapbook as well so when the new baby comes in April I am ready to start their book!
    Annastacialynn

Answer by Annastacialynn at 1:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am never board staying at home. I am always busy all day long and never stop. By the end of my day which ends at 8:00 pm I am ready for bed. At least when I worked I had a lunch and a drive to work.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've been seriously working on scrapbooking. I decided that I had to have my wedding scrapbook done before my baby came lol. I kept putting it off because it seemed so daunting to me. I still haven't finished, but I have ~2 months lol (I haven't even got to the ceremony yet lol, but I have like 30 pages done lol). I tried to take up knitting, but it hurt my neck from a past injury and since I couldn't take ibuprofen and I'm allergic to codine so no tylenol with codine lol so I decided to give that up.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I sew, scrapbook, do two different story time with my youngest, we go to the park, we do crafts together any thing we can find to keep us busy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I knit, crochet, do genealogy, make jewelery... clean, laundry, cook....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My Mom loves kids. She haves six. Well when I was pregnant my Mom and I hung around each other every day. I lived across the street from her so we helped each other clean the other's home. Then we would make lunch and talk. Sometimes we'd go shopping for baby things together, we never bought everything all at once, to save something for another day! We had a few little parties with my friends where I would make little sandwiches, dips with home made tortilla chips, and home made punch and we'd chat. My Mom was always there for me so I had fun.
    But when I was alone I was busy admiring all the things I got for my baby as I hung them on the baby coat hangers. Another time we set up the baby swing.
    My favorite places to visit were Weinersnitchzel, Taco Bell, and Mcdonalds. And my Mom used to take me to her friend's houses to show off how big I was getting. What fun!
    As for a hobby I made Christmas decorations.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 1:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• sadly without any friends to hang with, the internet becomes your social outlet many times.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm currently making quilts and matching pillow cases for bother of daughters and I plan on having them done by Christmas. Nothing fancy, just 5x5 squares of different fabrics sewn together. I also like to bake, do photography, make jewelry (not so much, the eye sight isn't that great) and scrapbooking.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Plan and plan some more for your baby's arrival. Then, plan on taking this time to be good to your self and your baby's dad. When the baby is born, you and baby are the stars, and daddy takes a back seat, Great time to secure fears.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I tried to do my crafts when I was on bed rest, but I got carpal tunnel so bad I couldn't do anything but read, watch tv, and websurf. It sucked. But I sew, quilt, cross-stitch, mosaic, a little of everything really. Do it now while you can, because when the baby comes it may be years before you have the time to do it again! Even if you are a SAHM. Time to yourself is such a precious and rare commodity. I miss it!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010