do you ever feel like you want objective advice on life issues but you don't want to talk to family or friends who may judge you or not be objective. sometimes i just want to vent over my hubbie or job but i hate when friends use your low point complaints against your hubbie later. any advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• What?
    3boysandmekmcd

Answer by 3boysandmekmcd at 1:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thats why I vent here..lol..
    I can talk pretty easily with my SO about problems and I have one friend that is always on my side.
    My SO's mom is the best to talk to .. she looks at both sides of the story (even if it is between me and her son) and will give me the best advice.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was just thinking the same thing this morning as I was crying in the shower. I ditched my therapist cause he sucked. What do you need advice on?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes! Hence the ability to ask here on CM anonymously and hope that someone that reads your question doesn't have their period and is going to take out their PMS on you. I hear ya!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• exactly why the internet is a good thing. No one really knows you here, nothing is going to come back at ya from here. So vent away. The worst that happens is some stranger disagrees and types in CAPS at ya. Big whoop ;)
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I learned a long time ago that it's just not safe to talk about some issues with my "friends" - we all say things in anger or frustration that we don't necessarily mean. I have a small group of online friends that I talk to about everything.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I try never to disrespect my DH, even to my friends. It always seems to come back and bite you in the butt, I've learned. That doesn't mean that I don't want to throttle him some days, I just don't talk about it. But, I'm also a really private person about personal matters. I am so grateful that my MIL will listen to me if I have a problem, without taking offense just because it's her son. She'll tell me if she thinks I'm wrong, and if she thinks he's wrong. I think if a friend consistently uses things against you that you've said in a low point, perhaps it is wiser to examine the friendship. I can understand if they remind you of something you said, but if they are using that info to manipulate you into doing something they want, that's not right. I choose not to surround myself with people who do that. I also try not to be the kind of person that would do that.

JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My advice is: vent here! I don;t know any of these ladies personally, so I don;t have to worry about it biting me in the butt. :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010