Should I tell the daddy to go and just be a single mom?

The daddy told me when we found out about being pregnant that "he gives me his word. A man is only as good as his word and he told me he would Not Drink while I was pregnant." Well, I am 21wks and he had to drink to this weekend. Needless to say we had issues about his drinking before. Should I just let this go or stand my ground and tell him to go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• if you feel he has a bad habit of it i would go. i stayed with someone hoping they would change and never did. only thing that changed was me being being out of the picture. if you leave now he may change and then you could go back but i would make it clear to him that he i snot needed and that this is what you want form him. then it's up to him to change or not.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You will have a baby to think about soon and if you feel his drinking is a problem then being a single mom isnt that bad,you have to think of you and the baby,talk to him and tell him his word has to come with certain consequences if he cant live up to it then go.
    Anonymous

• Tell him to go. It might scare him enough to kick the habit. My hubby was addicted to video games. I was working all of the time while he stayed home playing video games. I finally told him I was moving out and I'd send him the divorce papers. He now has 3 jobs and is applying to be a police officer.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 7:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• if he cant stay away from the liquer for 9 months - how can you count on him to deliver when it realy counts *when hes a father*
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 8:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Is he violent or verbally abusive when he drinks? My father is an alcoholic so if you see that this is going to be a problem, maybe but I'm not sure. He messed up this one time during your pregnancy and you just want to kick him to the curb. It seems to me you're looking for a reason to let him go.
    KenKie

Answer by KenKie at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Does he go to AA? Sounds like he is addicted to the alcohol. Based on my experience, I would say you need to make the decision now or later. Later, the child will be involved an affected by his dysfunction. If he is sober for a year and faithfully attending AA, consider staying with him then but not now.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• stand your ground. same deal happened to me.... itll get worse if you give it up. he gave you his word...
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 11:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It's very important that your child has both parents. A lot of feminists don't think that, but it's true.
    I recommend that you encourage him to go to an inpatient treatment facility if he sincerely has a drinking problem. You don't want your child growing up in that environment. You should really sit down with him and let him know the severity of the problem.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2008