Is it dangerous to sleep on your stomach while pregnant or just uncomfortable?

I'm currently 24 weeks and am still sleeping on my stomach. I cannot fall asleep any other way, I have tried sleeping on my sides but I end up just tossing and turning til i move to my stomach. So i'm just wondering is it dangerous or just uncomfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No it is not dangerous. It just gets uncomfortable. you are luck. I had to stop at 8 weeks. I miss my belly.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no the baby is protected in that fluid they are floating in
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am not sure but I slept on my stomach until I couldn't anymore, well I was probably slightly on my side not completely flat on my stomach......
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It wont hurt the baby, just when you start having a bump itll get uncomfterable. I done it all the way til the point when it was just impossible, a little agrivating because your stomach is sensative but it is safe. I always lay will a pillow infront and i lean forward and ill snug another pillow between my legs and its amazing comfterable. only way i can sleep now.
    LovingThem2710

Answer by LovingThem2710 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I slept on my tummy as long as I could stand it- there came a point where it was physically impossible for me, Baby is nice and safe surrounded by all the fluid. He/she will let you know if they were uncomfortable.
    Ameliamomo2

Answer by Ameliamomo2 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• not dangerious i did it i was the same way until i started feeling like i was sleeping on golf ball then it became uncomfortable but thats the least of your problems it's getting up every hour cause you have to be no solid sleep
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 1:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Enjoy it while you can. Baby is safe. You will come to a point when you physically can't anymore
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not that I know of. I did it up until the day I went into have my son. =) I couldn't sleep any other way,
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not dangerous at all. I slept on mine nightly until well into my 7th month, and then here and tehre after that. I asked my doc if it was ok and she said as long as it doesnt hurt or the baby doesnt start frantically moving like your hurting it you are fine :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• nope, not dangerous. it just becomes uncomfortable at certain points for some women.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010