how do you concur your fears?

last night i was sitting on the porch and i saw a raccoon, i'm scared to go out there now how do i get rid of this little phobia?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• keep sitting there and realize the raccoon is harmless?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Screw all that.. If I saw a raccoon, I would go right on ahead and poop my pants then run inside! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The best way I found is just to do it. I'm afraid of heights but because of my kids, I've had to go on somethings that are too high for me. I just suck it up and take deep breaths and do it!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Rubber band gun! Scare the little sucker away.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I use the rational/cognitive approach... if the raccoon is no longer there then I have absolutely nothing to be afraid of. That works for me...
    It might help you to feel more secure to take a stick or something with you when you go out to boost your courage.
    By the way, I've found that a water hose turned on raccoons works quite well to chase them away :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Like this:

Video 1 Video 2 Video 3

...TA-DAAA!

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 1:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• you need to face it straight on the more your around it the less intemidating it is, and breathing and calming yourself also a weapon of choice is always good to lol........
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I take the LOST approach.... JACK said:    fear’s sort of an odd thing...and the terror is just so ... crazy. So real. And I knew I had to deal with it. So I just made a choice. I’d let the fear in. Let it take over, let it do its thing. But only for five seconds, that’s all I was gonna give it. So I started to count: 1...2...3...4...5. And it was gone.

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010