Sex after tearing?

My son is almost 9 weeks old. My husband and I have tried sex once since I gave birth and it was very painful and almost impossible because I was so tight. I tore badly inside and am wondering if that is why it hurts so much. If anyone has any insight please share.

naturalhome

Asked by naturalhome at 6:39 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I tore and and an epsiotomy. My little girl will be 3 months tomorrow, and it's still painful. It does, however, seem to get a little bit better each time. The way I see it, the only way for it to get any better is to keep doing it. LoL Just take your time, and be gentle.
    Anonymous

• I had a significant 3rd degree tear, and I waited 3 months to have sex, and it was painful, I bled a little from tearing again, but after a minute or two, it felt better, and keeps getting better, of course after healing from a tear, you will be tighter and sore, but it will get better over time
    AveeRose

Answer by AveeRose at 7:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• With my first son, I didn't tear, but I had an epsiotomy with him. I was SO SORE! Sex with him hurt for about 6-8 months, it was bad at times.. My hubby didn't understand it.. Took a long time to feel good again! Then with Gavin I just had him on June 10th, I tore a little on the inside, had like 8 stiches, but this time no pain with sex.. Little uncomfy at first, but not cuz of pain.. GOOD LUCK!
    Proudmummyof1

Answer by Proudmummyof1 at 8:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Ooh... That must be awful! I tore in three places with Liv, but started having sex at 8 weeks PP with no problems. hope things get better for you!
    LivvyLooShow

Answer by LivvyLooShow at 1:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my daughter is almost 5 months old and when I had her I tore inside all the way up...I couldn't have sex by 6 weeks because it was so painful just to be walking or sitting so I went to the doc. and they did a very painful pevlic exam. They found out that my nerves were exposed and there was to much scar tissue so we are still trying to fix it and surgery is the next step. If you are in pain pretty much all of the time you need to go back to the doctor and get examined! Good luck!
    jocelynvlong

Answer by jocelynvlong at 1:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008