cats

why is all my family going crazy because my cats with the new baby hes not here yet but everyone is telling me i should give them away and get them out of here b4 baby comes! omg its annoying... im not going to let the cats around him like that! but i do know of people letting thier animals sleep with there newborns! gah its annoying! evryone is saying that my baby will be sick all the time and catch a disies!

brittany320

Asked by brittany320 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pets

• i hate pple who dont know that cats dont hurt babies. I have two cats and they were great when the baby was born. They just sniffed him for a few days but after that they accepted that he was there and now they are starting to run from him lol. My cats love my child and understand that he is a baby and doesnt understand how to touch them. They are so patient with him and put up with a whole lot more than i thought they would.
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Just be careful with the cats especially when the baby is sleeping . They say that a cat can take the baby's breath away . The only other thing is ring worms but you can put iodine on it to get rid of it .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Thats just a myth about cats and babies.Its fine to have a cat around the baby infact studies have shown that children who grow up with pets are actually healthier than those who were never around pets.
    clara50

Answer by clara50 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My SIL had a cat when she had her DD, and even got a new kitten soon afterwards. I think it's great, and I would have done the same if we had our own place yet. I think that animals and small children interacting is wonderful, you just have to be wise about it.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 6:54 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• No way will your baby catch anything! Your cats I presume have all theirshots and are up to date on everything they need. For one thing cats are very smart. They know when your baby will be born. They are part of your family. THE CATS WILL BE CURIOS ABOUT THE NEW OneTHAT KNOW YOU ARE Having. THEY WILL WANT TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON.You WILL BE SUPERVIZING THIER VISITS WITH YOUR NEW BORN. They won't suffocate them or do anything but be curios about the new one.You can limit the time they are allowed to visit. her/he. Make sure you give the cats new toys and special time so they won't be jealous. Everything should be just fine! The cat litter box is the only thing you need to have someone else change and clean while you are pregnet,  They have (the cats) in thier litter poop that can carry a certain sickness you MAY get.  Not that you will . Good luck and God Bless you and your family.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 6:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have 3 cats and they didn't bother my baby. I just made sure they stayed out of his room and away from him when he was sleeping. I heard somewhere that they like the smell of the milk and might sleep on a baby because of the milk on their breath. Don't know if its true, but I was always super careful.
    Anonymous

• I've had cats around all my babies, no problems. Just ignore them and cats can not take a baby's breath because of the milk. It's a really stupid myth.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008